Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Humble Pie Anyone?


11 June 2013

            Today we shadowed Mr. Johan Steyl, an incredible man who has one the most heartbreaking stories I have ever heard. Through all his hardships, however, he maintains the most positive outlook on life I have ever seen, making him someone I truly aspire to live like. He showed us around the anatomy museum, explaining several of the dissections exhibited and the processes used to make them. He also gave us a detailed account of the fibula and skull. He showed us to the mortuary where they prepare the cadavers, dissections, and skeletons. Moreover, Johann taught us more life lessons in 7 hours than I have ever learned on my best days. Words alone cannot do justice to this man’s incredible character, so feel free to ask me about him when I get back.           

No comments:

Post a Comment